Flyboard is the newest action water sport in the area! A fly-board is an afoot mounted board which is connected to personal watercraft (jet-ski) via an 18 mt hose. The output which would usually propel the watercraft is redirected to two jets on the bottom of the fly-board, creating lift. Our trained, professional fly-board operator will be controlling the throttle of the wave runner, so all you have to do is fly!
Who Can Fly?
Anyone 15 and older can have a great time fly-boarding. After some practice, you can be flipping, spinning, and diving your way through the ocean. Even the dolphins will envy your agility and grace as you’re gliding through the water and air.
Our certified instructors are professional FlyBoarders and have experience. They’re always prepared and excited to teach new riders of all levels. Just bring along your sense of adventure and we’ll do the rest.
Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Fly-boarding:
- Burns calories: Depending on your weight, age and time spent fly-boarding, you could easily burn a couple of hundred calories doing this activity.
- Muscle building: Fly-boarding requires the use of your legs and core to maintain balance and fly above the ocean surface. Exercising the core also supports proper posture. Imbalances of posture can lead to increased pressure on the lower back, a common symptom of weak core muscles. Strengthening the abdominal muscles allows the weight of the upper body to be evenly distributed over the front and back. When weight is distributed, balance improves.
- Adrenaline rush: Increased levels of adrenaline in your blood signal your liver to break down glycogen, the substance that provides your muscles with glucose, the primary source of fuel in your body. Adrenaline rushes occur when your muscles are running low on fuel while exercising, or when a sudden and unexpected demand for energy is required by the body in emergency situations.
- Vitamin D: While being exposed to the sun is something to be careful about, the sun is still very important to our bodies. The vitamin D gained from the sun’s rays help our bodies absorb calcium and phosphorous, facilitating normal immune system function. Additionally, having sufficient vitamin D in the skin helps minimize acne, boost elasticity, stimulate collagen production, enhance radiance and minimize lines and the appearance of dark spots.
- Healing properties on skin and face: If you’re fly-boarding on the ocean, sea salt has great healing properties which can help to relieve dry and itchy skin and treat serious conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Sea salt facilitates quick healing by opening up the pores, improving circulation and hydrating the tissues. It also makes your skin softer, supple and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and cellulite while also acting as a moisturizer for dry, chapped skin and balances oily skin.
- Builds a stronger immune system: Research has shown that treading in cold ocean water activates and boosts the immune system, increasing white blood cell count. White blood cells are necessary for fighting off infections and diseases.
- Alkalizes the body: Since sea salt has not been exposed to high heat nor stripped of its natural minerals, it is devoid of harmful man-made ingredients and helps in alkalizing the body, preventing the buildup of high acid levels in the body. The minerals aid in maintaining proper electrolyte balance in the body, allowing proper nervous system and cellular functions and eliminating the risk of serious and life-threatening diseases
- Decreases stress levels: Studies have shown that simply spending time at the beach can reduce anxiety and depression levels and aids in the unwinding process. The calm and refreshing beach atmosphere allows the body to naturally unwind while engaging in fly-boarding is a natural stress reliever by engaging the body in physical activity.
- Softens hair: Sea salt adds softness, bounce, and body to your hair. Due to the presence of essential minerals, it shines, moisturizes, repairs and protects hair. But know that overexposure to salt water can have opposite effects.
- Clears your lungs: A recent study in Australia revealed that frequent exposure to ocean air may have the ability to clear lungs. Patients in the study revealed they experienced improved lung function, decreased sinus congestion and were able to breathe easier. Exposure to seawater even has the ability to aid in the treatment of cystic fibrosis and COPD.
Flyboard is Best for Who?
Is Flyboard Hard to Learn?
Not Really… We strive to make your flight session fun and easy to fly. Most people only take up to 5 minutes to get up flying above the water. Let us teach you how to do easily.
Is Flyboard Safe and Fun?
We use top-notch waterproof Bluetooth helmets. Communication is always key and we are sure to make sure you have a safe and fun experience from ages 10 – 70 years old. We won’t let you do anything you can get hurt.
How Flyboard Works?
Understand one of the coolest new water sports! Jet Skis have an impeller inside that sucks water up the grate and shoots it out of the back causing the Jet Ski to move faster with more throttle. To make flyboard work, we remove the steering off the back of the ski and hook up a pipe that redirects all the pressure out of the bottom of the flyboard. A Certified Instructor on the Jet Ski controls the rider’s maximum height and power with the throttle of the Jet Ski. Though, the rider controls the direction they move their feet. If the rider gets out of the designated safe flying area the instructor will remove power from the rider and redirect them back for safety measures.
Do I need to be able to swim?
Yes, it is better to be able to swim.
Is there an age requirement?
The age requirement is 15 years and upwards.
What do I need to bring?
Swimwear and towel. Safety equipment is provided by Adventure Sports.
Important: Due to the local regulations Flyboard is not present in Fujairah branches.