Wakeboard is so addictive! As the world’s fastest-growing tow sport, it created its own lifestyle.
But you don’t have to be able to hit a sick scarecrow or throw down a tantrum to enjoy wakeboarding. It’s a sport that provides a sense of achievement and thrills even for complete novices.
At Adventure Watersports our qualified, certified and experienced coaches will have you on your feet in no time, and their patient instruction ensures your fast progress to being ‘dope on a rope’.
Intermediate rides benefit from the quality of our equipment, boat, and coaching, progressing their riding skills and learning new tricks each and every session. Specific programs can be worked out to ensure your development is measurable, and the satisfaction of nailing your goals and landing your tricks lasts long after you’re back on the dock. With a tournament level boat and wonderful conditions, advanced and expert riders will adore the relaxed atmosphere we generate, allowing you to concentrate on enjoying what you do best.
Wakeboarding is a highly rewarding sport that requires an average degree of athletic ability and Adventure Sports has lessons and sessions available for groups and individuals from 8-years old and upwards.
Here are the Top 10 Health Benefits of Wakeboarding:
Great exercise: Not only is wakeboarding fun to do, but it also requires a lot of strength as you use your hands to hold the rope to perform air tricks. Essentially, it’s a highly efficient full body exercise. Wakeboarding is a great way of keeping the body and mind healthy and fit.
- Strengthens arm and leg muscles: When you wakeboard you have to flex, resist and hold positions for periods at a time. Often you also have to build on these held positions and then explode or move from these static flexed positions to execute tricks and techniques.
- Improves flexibility in the hands and feet: All the jump and turns performed while wakeboarding requires hand and foot flexibility to avoid injury. Being agile and nimble on your feet will carry over to everyday activities.
- Improves reaction times and versatility: With sudden changes of direction and position required, especially based on the boat’s direction and the shift in waves, regular practice improves reaction time and ability to adapt to the difference in the water, direction, etc.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and balance: Stability and balance are the foundation for wakeboarding, so core strength is a key component of this sport. Also, many of the tricks require fast hand switches, rotations, and jumps — all of which require hand-eye coordination and balance.
- Improves your swimming skills: Without a doubt, you’ll end up falling into the water more than once, which means you’ll need to be a strong swimmer.
- Improves mental concentration and refreshes the mind: The adrenaline alone is enough to distract a wakeboarder from daily stressors. Add the feel-good endorphins from the physical activity while on the water, and it leads to a happy person!
- It’s a great outdoor workout on the water: A 2008 Scottish Health Survey and found that outdoor physical activity had a 50 percent greater positive effect on mental health than going to the gym. A 2011 study found that outdoor exercise was associated with greater decreases in tension, confusion, anger, and depression when compared to indoor activity.
- Be more social: You can wakeboard together with family and friends and have a good time. Wakeboarding offers a healthy opportunity for a family to strengthen its bond. Moreover, it’s a great way of making friends and meeting some new people.
- It’s great fun!: Aside from wakeboarding, you can also use time at the beach to surf and do other activities in the sun, so you get some vitamin D while enjoying the outdoors on the water!
Is Wakeboard Hard to Learn?
Not Really… We strive to make your wakeboard session fun and easy. Most people only take up to 5 minutes to get up skiing above the water.
Is Wakeboard Safe and Fun?
Absolutely fun. Communication is always key and we are sure to make sure you have a safe and fun experience from ages 10 – 70 years old. We won’t let you do anything you can get hurt.
Do I need to be able to swim?
Yes, it is better to be able to swim.
Is there an age requirement?
The age requirement is 6 years and upwards.
What do I need to bring?
Swimwear and towel. Safety equipment is provided by Adventure Sports.