Adventure Sports offers dhow Cruise with a 24 meter/74 feet traditional boat, named “Ms. Teak” build with teak planks, the combination of tradition and beauty is designed for a wonderful and relaxing way to cruise. It is furnished with traditional wooden equipment, comfortable sitting areas to enjoy your cruise and a perfect seafront view. On Dhow Cruise you enjoy watching the amazing sunset of Arabian Gulf with traditional music.
Some Information on Traditional Dhows;
The name commonly given to an Arabic boat is dhow, although Arabs more commonly refer to them collectively as khashab. It is interesting that traditional Dhow boats were considered to have similarities with camels. Camels were called ships of the desert, but their long necks and the masts of ships were also compared both for their forward-leaning appearance as well as the sinuous movement while traveling.
One of the beliefs of where the name “dhow” comes from is a funny story of the British sailor. Dhow means light, lamp in Arabic. The British sailor asks “what is that?” to a local with pointing at a boat with a lit lantern, and was told “dhow”, the local thinking the sailor was asking about the most obvious thing to be seen in the dark, the lamp.
Dhow Cruise is best for Who?
- -Dhow Cruise is best for all ages and everybody who wants to experience a chilling cruise in Ras Al Khaima
- -Enjoy a cruise on a traditionally decorated wooden dhow ( yacht ) along the virgin beach for Al Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah.
- -Take in picturesque views of city sights such as the Pyramid building at Baba Al Bahar; Amazing view of Waldorf Astoria and other prime 5* hotels.
- -Enjoy a thrilling water sports activity onboard.
- -Kids below 3ft. come for FREE!!!
- -The price you see is the price you pay – no hidden charges!
- -Adventure Sports has successfully established itself in the water sports industry for many tourists and residence across UAE. It has now taken a step further to enhance the experience by investing on a luxurious Arabian Dhow named “Miss Teak”.
- -Cruise your way on the vibrant waters of Arabian Sea and have a wonderful time onboard with Miss Teak. The boat is named out of its origin Burma Teak wood, high quality and most expensive teak wood from South East Asia.
- -Indulge in water sports onboard such as swimming, kayaking, snorkeling. Relax while cruising across the beaches of Al Marjan Island.
| Daily Cruise (Morning Tour)|
Duration: 3 hrs | 10am – 13pm
Kayak, Snorkeling, Swimming (30-45min break)
For All Ages
| Sunset Cruise (Sunset Tour)|
Duration: 2 hrs | 16pm – 18pm
For All Ages
PS: The tour starts from Al Hamra Marina on days: Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday
The tour starts from Hilton Resort & SPA on days: Wednesday.
If transportation from hotels required, 100 AED (for 2 ways) might be charged. Call for more information or check the Arabian Dhow Cruise in Ras Al Khaimah webpage.